Skip to main content
What’s the difference between Wiliot and RFID?
- Low-cost infrastructure
- Wiliot can use Bluetooth infrastructure (phones, wi-fi, smart speakers …)
- Advanced capabilities available (BLE to Cellular/AoA the cost for the infrastructure is a lot lower and there is much more choice)
- Cloud sensing
- Wiliot tags use novel sensing that take advantage of the cloud, for instance enabling higher performance even after deployment
- In the future, Wiliot will build on our AI framework to build further sensing capabilities and intelligent insights
- Entire product life cycle
- Wiliot tags provide value across both traditional controlled (manufacturing, distribution, retail) and non-controlled (consumer engagement) environments.
- Wiliot tags are encrypted, non-trackable, can be used to authenticate products, and support GDPR standards.
- Passive and Continuous
- Bluetooth technology passively listens for messages, enabling a continuous stream of data without the need to proactively tap or scan.