The range can vary depending on the radio environment, the material upon which the tag is mounted, and the type of RF the Pixel is harvesting.
Wiliot's 2.4 GHz harvesting tag, called ‘Single-Band IoT Pixel’ has a range of up to 4-8m. Wiliot's 900 MHz harvesting tag, called ‘Dual Band IoT Pixel’ has a range of up to 10m.
Our 'Three Tier Architecture' is important to understand to get the full picture when it comes to range, it goes as follows:
1. Pixels can be on items or containers
2. Bridges are low cost devices that extend range, allow transmissions from many tags to be filtered to Gateways. They:
- Energize – Providing energy for Wiliot Pixels to harvest
- Read – Recognizing Wiliot Pixel data packets and forwarding them to the Wiliot Cloud
- Repeat – Select & repeat amplified Bluetooth broadcasts to Gateways
3. Gateways – Relay from Bluetooth to WAN
Bridges and Gateways work with the Wiliot cloud to manage traffic & energy intelligently
With the 'Three Tier Architecture', the data from IoT Pixels can be relayed and span much longer distances.